Substitute Teacher Jobs in New York County
We’re currently hiring educators to work with: Democracy Prep Public Schools, Fusion Academy, KIPP NYC and more!Apply Now!
Founded by former K12 educators and administrators, our mission is to create technology that makes it easy to match passionate educators like yourself with the job openings in your area. Since 2015, we have become the fastest-growing company in our space and have successfully filled over 300,000+ absence days, and partnered with over 2,800 schools and districts across the country.
Become a classroom hero!
Whether you are an experienced sub or new to subbing, our platform speeds you through the qualification process so you can start working quickly. Unlike the traditional method of finding sub work, working through Swing means you can teach at any school in our network, meaning more opportunities and better assignments without the hassle of applying separately to every district and school.
One application lets you work when you want, where you want, whether you’re looking for long term assignments with a single school or prefer the flexibility to work with several.
Let us know where you’d like to teach and get your Swing account.
Complete background screening and submit your documents.
Receive requests by text or on the platform, choose when and where you work, and get paid every week.Apply Now!
• You will be able to select the assignments that best fit your preferences.
• You will be granted access to all available jobs in your area.
• You will have a chance to earn bonuses throughout the year.
• You will always earn the maximum pay. We never take a cut of your earnings.
• You will get paid on time, every Friday.
• You will find answers and receive support whenever you have questions or need help.
• You will get an opportunity to earn referral bonuses by telling your friends about us.
• Bachelor’s degree from a 4-yr college or university in the U.S..
• Get fingerprinted with the NY State Education Department before the hiring date.
1. Once you click apply, you will be taken to Swing’s application page.
2. Answer a few simple questions to register and begin the application process.
3. Follow the steps on the screen.
4. Your responses will help us determine your qualifications, flag gaps, and notify you of any action needed to get you certified and started.
5. Once you have completed all the necessary requirements, you will start to see all available assignments in your area right on your computer, your phone, or on the Swing app!
"If you are an educator looking to get your feet wet, expand your career, or return to the basic essentials of teaching, Swing Education is where you want to be.
- P. Felton, Swing Education Substitute Teacher
We welcome everyone from brand new to experienced veteran teachers! Employment at the Company is employment at-will, unless otherwise specified in a written employment agreement. Swing Education is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding these), gender, gender identity, and gender expression, religious creed, disability (mental and physical) including HIV and AIDS, medical condition (such as cancer and genetic characteristics), genetic information, age, marital status, sexual orientation, sexual or other reproductive health decisions, military or veteran status, denial of family, and medical care leave, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Swing is dedicated to supporting individuals of varying ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, religion, age, and other backgrounds. Here at Swing, we’ve made a commitment to diversity and inclusion. We’re ready to support you wherever you are in your teaching career by getting you into the classroom where subs are needed most. Day pay rate defined as an 8 hour day.